For all your fancy-pants statistical needs.

Praise for The Basketball Distribution:

"...confusing." - CBS
"...quite the pun master." - ESPN

Trade Amare??

pdf - Player Trades that would Maximize Team Wins for the last half of the season.

corresponding messy excel sheet


EDIT: I forgot to to the 'trade' itself in Excel. It assumes that an average player would affect each team the same way. Amare is the biggest name on the 'both-sides-win' top 15 players. Not Kobe Bryant.

There are only a handful of players who, by trading, increase the value of both teams. This is an application of Simpson's Paradox.

The main math involved is roughly based on 'impact' value (which I have outlined earlier) in tandem with expected wins added, where I converted team efficiency margin into wins. (Every efficiency margin increase per 100 possessions is worth roughly 2.5 wins).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I wish my heart were as often large as my hands.