For all your fancy-pants statistical needs.

Praise for The Basketball Distribution:

"...confusing." - CBS
"...quite the pun master." - ESPN

Dirk for MVP!

The boys over at the APBR metrics board are asking who should be MVP. I think that if we use the ridge-adjusted plus minus ratings, we can get a good answer.

I converted each player's worth into a total efficiency differential (Offensive RAPM times Minutes% for Offense, etc), then looked at how much worse we would expect their team to be without the player. I converted efficiency ratings into "pWins" or "pythagorean wins" by doing Offensive Rating^14/(ORTG^14 + DRTG^14).

HERE ARE THE RESULTS

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nathan,

    I would like to contact you about this article: http://thebasketballdistribution.blogspot.com/2011/02/estimated-defensive-rating-formula-with.html
    I have some questions, but I didn't want to write them to the comments because that article is too old.

    I asked you for your email via Twitter, but you didn't respond.
    Could you give me your email please or some other form of contact because, as I said, I have some questions about that article.

    Thanks

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I wish my heart were as often large as my hands.