The (real) NCAA tournament starts in about one hour. To kick it off, I present my Overtime% for the first round.
Each game is ranked by the probability that is going into overtime*:
Here are the results
*The theoretical odds of going into overtime are lower than that of actually going into overtime**; there are a few specific things that have to happen to make the game sum to zero - the rankings are still valid though.
**End-of-40-minutes Game-scores fall under the normal distribution, but there is a significant dip around zero.
- ► 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (19)
- Dirk for MVP!
- My Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy RPI
- Here We Go!!! (Into overtime!)
- Updated Bracket Picks (Expected Wins)
- Top Final Fours
- Official Tournament Picks, CONTINUED....
- OFFICIAL Tournament Picks, VERSION ONE
- S-Curve Madness: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- The Humans are a Little Too Impressed...
- Unranked Lurkers
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (25)